Thursday, August 13, 2020

Bigger than Godzilla! Walm@rt Alien Queen


I needed something a bit quick today, so I dug up something from a while back that might or might not end up being a feature. When I do pick up something that's really new, it's usually on an expedition to Walmart. Usually, it's small and cheap, but in recent years, the chain has been coming out with genuinely impressive "exclusives" that usually end up scalped online. I really hit the motherlode at the beginning this year when the store got the actually authorized release of a new line of Alien toys from Lanard, the makers of The Corps. Over several weeks, I bought up about 2/3rds of the line (which I have a lot more material on), including absolutely the most enormous Alien Queen ever released. Here's some pics I took at the time.

Like most of this mini-line, the Queen isn't exactly great. The articulation on the (four!) arms is uneven, with too few joints in some places and ones that don't help in others (a particularly pervasive problem for the line. The feet are positively clunky, though I suspect this was necessary to make the damn thing stand up. But, again, this thing is huge. In fact, on examination I realized that it was prtty close to the size of Generic Godzilla. With that in mind, the showdown was inevitable.

Twenty points of articulation don't do kr@p against 13 inches of Genericzilla!

Obviously, the Queen isn't quite as big as Godzilla. However, this is mainly because of the odd articulation, which prevents the head shield from going vertical. I do believe Her Majesty is heavier, and the Generic Godzillas aren't exactly feather-light. The shots I took (including a couple I redid for this post) were a lot harder than they might look. Godzilla's arms always had limited range and reach, while the Queen's extra set of arms tend to get in the way in a close-quarters grapple. That doesn't mean it wasn't fun. Here's a couple more close-ups.
"Get away from my boyfriend, you b!tch!"

For links, see YouTube channel Destroying the Value for a review of the Queen and the rest of the line (plus a power loader!). That's all for now, more tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment