Sunday, February 7, 2021

Rogues' Roundup: The Trailer Park Princess returns

 

It's time for another weekend post, and I decided it was time to catch up on some material I had backlogged. To kick things off, I unboxed one of my latest acquisitions, the Trailer Park Princess, a little while after introducing her here. This really consisted of two separate excursions, because as I wrote originally, I literally don't trust whatever the manufacturer used for the hyper-glossy recolor to stay in good condition under any amount of handling. In any event, I had already figured out these figures can kind of come out of the box version of the packaging, though only after removing several very visible ties that definitely don't go back in position. Ultimately, the prices compared to what I actually paid were high enough that such things wouldn't matter, so I went ahead with an unboxing a few weeks ago. Here's the pics from her first outing, with Connie the Gas Station Duchess.



This is either leather, or reflectors for the moon lander.

I know the lighting is terrible, but this started with a guy and a couch, and it's staying a guy and a couch.

A while after the unboxing, I took the Princess back out for what ended up being a few days. Something I discovered immediately was that, while the figure had somehow remained upright with only a little balancing the first time out, she clonked almost immediately the second time around. (These ladies get very loud...) I quickly decided any further pics would need the original stand, so I set her up with that until I was ready to take more shots. Here's some of the results from the new shoot.



What interested me most with this whole project was getting a closer look at the hair. I was quickly satisfied that the Princess did indeed have a lighter and brighter hair color than the earlier figure, though the difference is not as pronounced as for the long-haired original version that is the Truckstop Queen. In the process, I took a look at other detailing not visible in the box. Here is the shot we're all here for.
"Do you have a license for those pants?"

And, here's a shot of the sisters in what's becoming their natural habitat, with the Marx ground sloth and the on-card Spiff ship.
"Come here, and we'll show you how to go faster than light..."

That's all for now, more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment