Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Movie Mania! Lanard Alien/ Predator unboxing update

 

I've been trying out a new format for how often I make posts, and today will be this week's toy blog. This time around, I'll be catching up on a few things I've been running down leads for, as part of the ongoing saga of the Lanard direct-to-Walmart Alien/ Predator line. To start with, here's something I've had backlogged for a little while, an Alien "runner" clearly based on Alien 3.



For the background, this was one of the first of the Lanard line to reappear after the scalpers cleaned out the stores. I came close to passing on it, but decided it was worth picking up. It's a good figure, with joints a lot more solid than the previous, smaller-scale quadrupedal alien. The articulation is still a little random, one of the hind legs is wonky, and it doesn't stand upright. On the other hand, it's almost certainly the biggest alien in the line short of the Queen. The fairly surreal part is that it actually came with the dog (which we now know was a late addition to the movie), which is well-done enough that it wouldn't stand out with anything else. Here's some more pics from the unboxing, taken with my phone, with the Truckstop Queen.

"Who's a good boy, definitely not infected with a parasitoid?"

"And you can play outside..."

The one that turned out to be a lot harder to get was a 7" Predator. For that, I finally gave in and paid off a scalper, for what ended up being about the same price I paid for the 12-inch one minus shipping; I at least managed to cover it all with bonus points. I finally got it over the weekend. Here's some pics.


As will be evident from the photos, this is meant to be the Predator from the second film, complete with the spear and murder-frisbee (see also Krull). His articulation is about the same as the giant-sized figure, and they also share certain defects in the paint which I noticed are left out on the box. It's worth paying extra just to be sure to get the accessories included. Here's more detail pics, including one with the Gas Station Duchess/ Connie.



"Actually, it turns out the ones who hunt are female."

When it was time to do this post, I tried to take some additional pics with my computer; alas, the lighting was off because a dead bulb that definitely wasn't getting fixed in time. I finally tried bringing in an extra light. The results were... different. To start with, here's the first 7" alien, non-threatening as always.
"I demand to speak to your manager!"

Hey, it kind of worked!


"Get along, little dogburster!"

And it wouldn't be complete without a little more drama from Connie...
"Sorry, but fur is murder. And collecting human heads is definitely murder."

"No. Just no... And that reminds me, I have got to give the Rogun Cap Rifle bot my real phone number."

That's all for now, more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment