Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Movie Mania! Lanard Alien saga concluded?

 

I decided it was time for another toy blog, in part because I'm a little worried if I don't this blog will turn into all fiction and movie reviews. As it happens, I have one more Lanard direct-to-Walmart Alien for what I can once again kid myself into considering a quick post. Meanwhile, I still haven't fixed a lighting problem that is a major reason I haven't been doing these things, so I once again broke out the backup light. To start things off, here's some unboxing pics that have already been backlogged for a little while, once again taken with my phone.



As you can see if you're an obsessively detail-oriented collector, this entry is based on the Aliens incarnation of the xenomorph, with the "ornate" version of the head, plus a facehugger in the laboratory canister (entirely screen accurate!). From my first sighting of this item, I found the accessory as intriguing as the figure, but I wasn't keen on paying the prices the scalpers jacked things up to just for that. Fortunately, the bottleneck they created has finally lifted (unfortunately after I paid scalper rates for the City Predator), so I managed to get this one for regular price. In the process, I've come to appreciate the figure a lot more, especially the color. Here's a few more unboxing pics.

"Look at this poor abandoned spider-crab creature, just waiting for a good host... er, home."


Beyond the unboxing pics, I only took a few more of the figure for this post. Here's a pic with the pearl "original" xenomorph. You can actually get a pretty good idea of how the sequel version was "found" within the first movie's suit. I've also tried to capture how good and subtle the paint on the dark blue figure is; they even managed a kind of iridescent green touch on the head and arms that looks like a beetle.
"Just think about it, as long as we depend on humans, it's a choice between breeding and eating. Shouldn't we have come up with a better option by now?"

As a bonus, the surprise hit in all this has been the dog that came with the runner figure. He's about the right size and style to go with the Truckstop Queen and sisters, who have been going through a reorganization. My big change was to put the Queen/ Kate back with Ken (the Wampa) in my room, and keep the Gas Station Duchess with Cassie in my work space. It turns out the pair look better with the dog for company. Here's a couple extra pics of them all together, including one on my actual desk, which I've previously only shown on my Twitter feed and Zoom calls with strangers.
"Here, boy!"

Hey, good lighting! Kind of...

That's all for now, more to come!






No comments:

Post a Comment