Wednesday, September 28, 2022

The Legion of Silly Dinosaurs: Return to the Wild!

 


It's the middle of my second week of a month about to end, and I belatedly remembered I hadn't done a dino post. Since my other plans will require a bit more time, I decided to go ahead and do it today. Because I'm in a bit of a hurry, I'm doing a quick lineup of stuff I have sighted without buying since my last "in the wild" post. To start things off, I have something a bit different, a test photo of my best Marx space marine analogs fighting prehistoric creatures (see my Space Guys demo and the kind-of final installment of Chelsea the social worker). Here's another with the MPC sabertooth, taken on my phone.

Now to start the "in the wild" lineup, here's a repeat offender, the Walmart Marx clone set. This time aroune, I made my sighting at a grocery store, where I obtained the heavily overlapping bag of dinosaurs featured on my Youtube channel. Looking at it now, I'm tempted to buy this for the actually good unspecified-looking tyrannosaurid. On the other hand, it would mean yet another copy of the Hideous Abomination (see my mystery box video and post). At least this proves the good one isn't out of production as I had feared...


And here's something else different, a mystery dino from an online listing. I looked into this a while back, and the seller gave permission to use the images. The correspondent acknowledged not knowing where it came from. Certain other photos confirmed that it was hollow with no identifying markings. I confirmed certain affinities with a 1960s-era mode by Pyro that suggested a knockoff, but it's definitely neither original nor a direct copy. By my best guesstimate, it's 1980s vintage or '90s at the latest. Without knowing more, I wasn't about to put down money or storage space.



And here's the "in the wild" lineup proper...



Zombie Tyrannosaurus!

Maniraptor with feathers... I think it was labeled a troodontid!

And a generic bag!


A robot stego, possibly also zombified.


Floriduh-metrodon???

This is different... I'm definitely not saying better.

Has anyone gotten Carnotaurus right???

"Say AAAHHH!!!"

A friendly face!



No. Just no.

And how about something completely different? This is Robby the Robot Vinimate and an MPC Teenette lady, under consideration as models for the Space Guys adventure. Thinking of all the ways this doesn't work out, even without getting sued...


And that's enough to wrap this up. That's all for now, more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment